was probably founded in pre-historical period until the Khemers who
expanded their power to the town of Larvo dating from the 10th century
and ruled over the area. In the middle of the 13th century when the
Thais who had already migrated from the North and had settled down
in this country. In 1664, King Narai the Great, a King of Ayutthaya
made Lop Buri the second capital with the help of French architects.
Therefore , the architectural style of Lop Buri in the reign of King
Narai was half Thai and half western. Today it is a modern garrison
town and provincial capital 153 kms., north of Bangkok.